Junior Research for the project
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR A JRF POSITION IN THE SERB-DST
Adv. No.: NITMGH/ES/SERB-DST/ME/137/2020-21/888 Dated: 02-12-2020
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research for the project entitled "Low Cost, Faster and Accurate Low Velocity Impact Damage Imaging along with Depth Profiling for Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composite Materials using Vibrothermography and Concept of Local Defect Resonance" under SERB, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (File No.: CRG/2019/005045) in the Department of Mechanical, NIT Meghalaya.
Principal investigator: Dr. Tanmoy Bose
No. of position available: One (01)
Educational Qualifications: M.Tech/ME (or, B.Tech with valid GATE score) in Mechanical/Civil/Aerospace Engineering with specialization in Design/Structure/Applied Mechanics with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent in Master’s degree (or, 75% marks or an equivalent in Bachelor’s degree). Relaxation for SC/ST & PH as per GOI norms.
1. Possess significant knowledge in Vibration, composite material and finite element method.
2. Should have experience on carrying out experimental work or, any work experience related to vibration of composite material.
3. Knowledge in composite material modelling in ABAQUS will be given preference.
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 21st December, 2020 (relaxable as per the norms/orders of GOI).
Consolidated monthly compensation/Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- month for first 02 years and Rs. 35,000/- month for the third year.
Duration: Initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable upto 3 years solely based on the performance.
General terms and conditions.
1. Please apply through the application form.
2. Append your self-attested scanned copies of the certificates, the application form and send to email@example.com as a single PDF file on or before 21-12-2020. The applications received after the mentioned date will not be considered further.
3. The subject of the email should contain “Application for the post of JRF in project (CRG/2019/005045)”.
4. Project No. : CRG/2019/005045
5. The body of the mail should highlight your eligibility for the JRF position with a Statement of Purpose of 100 words.
6. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview.
7. The shortlisted candidates will be informed through email for interview by 22-12-2020.
8. Physical/Skype/Google Meet based Interview will be held. The same will be informed by email.
o The position is purely temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three (03) years. Candidate selected for this position will be converted to regular Ph.D. program of NIT Meghalaya.
o Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark-sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview (may not be applicable for Skype/Google Meet based interview).
o For any types of query the candidates may communicate directly to the PI of the project, Dr. Tanmoy Bose, Department of Mechanical, National Institute of Technology Meghalaya, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date, time and venue of the Interview
Date: December 23, 2020 (Wednesday)
Time: 10.00 AM onwards
Venue: Meeting Room (Academic Block) (not applicable for Skype/Google Meet based interview)
N.B. For more information please visit Institute website: http://www.nitm.ac.in/
Your application has been successfully submitted.