Senior Research Fellow in DBT-AMR Sponsored Project
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Special Centre for Molecular Medicines
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Applications are invited for the following purely temporary posts in the DBT-AMR Sponsored Project No. BT/PR31944/MED/29/1408/2019 entitled “A Multi-Scale Approach to Combat the Mechanism of Antimicrobial Resistance through PPEF a Known Bacterial topoisomerase IA Inhibitors.”
1. Senior Research Fellow (One) Rs.35000/- + HRA
- Masters degree in Life Sciences/ Bioinformatics/ Chemical Sciences with strong academic record. The student qualified NET LS/GATE will be given preference
- Candidates should have at least 2 years research experience and preference will be given to candidates with experience in microbiological and biophysical techniques.
Start Date of Advertisement: 10th May, 2021
End Date of Advertisement: 21st May, 2021
- Student with Masters in Biological Sciences discipline will be eligible for a position in the project. The student with a biology background should have an experience in protein expression and purification, cloning, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, DNA sequencing, Western Blotting, Spectroscopy, Fluorescence Microscopy, Bioinformatics.
- The candidate should have research experience with pathogenic bacterial strain and animal handling.
- Research experience in molecular biology, biochemical and knowledge of Efflux Kinetics, along with handling of laboratory animals.
- The position is completely temporary and co-terminus with the project. The fellowship will be as per sanction in the project and/or as per. The initial appointment may be for three months or as per recommendation of the selection committee, which can be extended on the basis of assessment of the candidate’s performance and discretion of the Competent Authority. The eligible candidates may further be shortlisted based on the qualification/experience depending on the total number of applications received. JNU may select candidate against the above post depending upon the qualifications and experience of the candidate and reserves the right to relax any of the qualification(s) in case the candidate is found otherwise well qualified by the Selection Committee.
- In case the performance is not satisfactory the appointment is liable to be terminated at any time without any notice.
- In case you are appointed at some other organization in due course of time you are required to give a notice of 3 months in advance before being relieved.
- Eligible candidates may apply by sending their complete application to email@example.com. The attested copies of the certificates and proof of research experience (if any) are to be attached with the soft copy of application. The applications should reach at the address given below latest by 21st May 2021.
- Prof. Vibha Tandon, Special Centre for Molecular Medicines, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067, on or before 21st May 2021.
- Please note that no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview for the said positions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.