Online Internship Carnival - 8 weeks (May 24th - July 19, 2021)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
IIT Ropar iHub - AWaDH
Online Internship Carnival
In the framework of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical System (NM - ICPS)
Duration of internship: 8 weeks (May 24th - July 19, 2021)
Mode of internship: Online
Exceptionally talented students at the level of 2nd / 3rd / 4th year UG (engineering) or equivalent from any engineering institute/university/college with specialization in but not limited to Aerospace, Computer Science & Engineering, Chemical, Mechanical, Production, Metallurgy, Materials, and Civil Engineering.
System Level/CAD/CAE Modeling tools e.g.,Matlab-Simulink/CATIA/Ansys and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 1. Portfolio of Projects Executed: A document providing a summary of projects executed by you as a team leader or member highlighting your passion towards technology and innovation.
- 2. A 3 minute video story about your vision to execute the project and the relevant experience.
- 3. On the basis of the recommendation letter provided by your reference given in the application form. Note: letter of recommendation will only be collected for 200 provisionally selected participants.
- Call for Applications: 6th May 2021
- Last Date: 16th May 2021 / 5:00pm (Indian Standard Time)
- Number of internship available: 100
- Number of Projects: 10
- Number of Teams: 20
- Stipendium: Rs. 10,000/- per intern for the entire duration of the internship
An interdisciplinary team of 5 members will be constituted by the Hub from the applications shortlisted against the call to work on a specific project.
Award for Winning Team:
There will be 10 winning teams. One team will be selected from the two teams working on the same project on the basis of the comprehensive solution offered by the team.
Mentoring & Evaluation
Volunteers from industry and academia for regular intellectual support and guidance.
- 1. At the end of internship, all teams will be asked to make the presentation on their work along with the submission of the detailed project report and regular progress log file by individual members.
- 2. The evaluation will be based on the submitted report/regular progress log file by individual members and presentation in front of experts from Industry and academia as well as other team members and all the applicants of the internship carnival who couldn’t get selected.
- 3. The final presentations will be aired on the public platforms.
- 4. One team for every project will be announced winner of the competition on the basis of their comprehensive performance.
Award and Recognition:
- 1.All members of the winning teams will be offered paid internships for a duration of 6 months at IIT Ropar as per their academic schedule and convenience.
- 2. Winning team will be offered travel and stay at IIT Ropar to explore the possibilities of future collaboration and meeting the mentor faculty members.
- 3. 5 out of 10 winner teams may be supported with a seed grant up to Rs. 10 lakhs for running a startup.
Technology verticals and (Tentative) list of projects:
(Note: In all projects future fuel types, IoT/CPS systems may be implemented.)
1. Electrical vehicles and Cobotics for Agriculture
- Design of a swarm robots for agriculture applications
- Design of an Aerator (features: solar powered, in built ammonia and temperature sensors, IoT based control)
3. Post Harvest Management
- Design of an automatic harvester for tree and plant based crops
4. Urban farming
- Design of an IoT based hydroponic growing system with aerator/temperature/water Level
5. Cold chain management in rural settings
- Design of a refrigeration system for small farmers
6. Food processing
- Design of a high efficacy fish deboning machine and design of a Indian gooseberry deseeding machine
7. Precision agriculture
- Design of a hopping drones or crop hoppers (Hydrogen / EV based)
8.Green Hydrogen for self reliance rural india
- Design of a model village consisting of Hydrogen powered agricultural machinery, homes, and hydrogen generation through biowaste.
9. Food and public distribution
- Development of a farm-to-fork supply chain network/application
- Design of a biowaste organic fertilizer granulator
Your application has been successfully submitted.