RESEARCH TECHNICIAN – POWERGRID-ICRISAT
This job is no longer accepting applications.
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN – POWERGRID-ICRISAT WATERSHED PROJECT (ODISHA)
Nov 25, 2020
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals, for the role of Research Technician (three positions) to support ICRISAT Development Center (IDC), Research Program – Asia under the ICIRSAT Watershed Project in association with PowerGrid at Kalahandi District in Odisha.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more effective and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, Visit – www.icrisat.org.
- Support in implementation of watershed activities as per the approved work plans around water conservation, soil health management, crops/cultivars, agronomy, IPM, livestock and others
- Support in baseline and impact assessment
- Conduct participatory field trials/demos with farmers in the watershed and collect high quality data sets required for scientific research through crop cuttings and farmer records
- Develop and strengthen community based organizations
- Day to day supervision of various activities in the farmers’ fields and systematic documentation
- Train the farmer’s/farm facilitators and dissemination of good practices to farmers in the watershed
- Preparation of field progress reports
- Liaising with stakeholders like farmers, NGO, line-department and others
- Any other responsibility as entrusted by the supervisor
- Bachelor of Science with specialization in Agriculture / Biological Sciences or Diploma in Agriculture or related field with more than 2 years agriculture related experience
- Proficiency in English and Oriya (written and spoken) is a must
- Person with flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office, data analysis)
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
This is a consolidated position for 24 months (Two years) renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 17 December 2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.