Project Associate I and Project Associate II positions
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Rolling Advertisement and Guidelines for Project Associate I and Project Associate II positions
CSIR-CCMB is a premier constituent research Institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), conducting research in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high-quality basic research and training in the areas of modern biology and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
CSIR-CCMB is inviting applications for filling temporary staff positions to work on various funded projects. Applicants would be screened through various objective criteria followed by an interview of a select number of applicants based on the merit list. The screening committee will adopt their criteria depending upon the number of applications and requirements of the projects. The successful candidates would be empanelled for recruitment into various projects. Details of the procedure and guidelines are accessible through links provided on this portal.
- A possibility of continuing as a CCMB Ph.D. student exists for very bright and committed Project Associate I and II by nomination through the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), however, the candidate is expected to meet the high standards of CSIR-CCMB's research program and preferably possess a fellowship such as CSIR-UGC NET or equivalent. It should be noted that mere selection and engagement as a Project staff does not automatically qualify a candidate's entry into CSIR-CCMB's Ph. D. program.
- Project Staff will be provided OPD medical facilities through CSIR-CCMB Dispensary for self only.
- Project Staff will be entitled to one day's leave for each completed month's service. However, in extra-ordinary circumstances Principal Investigator of the Project and/or Director, CSIR-CCMB may provide relaxation in the rules considering the exigency.
1. Project Associate I [Position Code: PA-I]:
Essential Qualification: Master's Degree in any branch of Biological Sciences/Bioinformatics/Ecological Sciences/Environmental Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Veterinary SciencesORBachelor's Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent.
Emolument: (i) Rs. 31000 per month + HRA as applicable to scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests - CSIR -UGC NET including lectureship or GATE, or (b) Selection process through National Level examinations conducted by central government departments and their agencies and institutions; (ii) Rs. 25000 per month + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
Upper Age Limit: 34 years 6 months as on the date of application.
2. Project Associate II [Position Code: PA-II]:
Essential Qualification: Master's Degree in any branch of Biological Sciences/Bioinformatics/Ecological Sciences/Environmental Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Veterinary Sciences OR Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent.
2 years' experience in Research and Development in Industrial and academic institutions or Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services.
Emolument: (i) Rs. 35000 per month + HRA as applicable to scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests - CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship or GATE,or (b) Selection process through National Level examinations conducted by central government departments and their agencies and institutions; (ii) Rs. 28000/month + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
Upper Age Limit: 34 years 6 months as on the date of application.
*Note: This is a rolling advertisement. Eligible candidates will be invited for interview based on the availability of appropriate positions and suitability with the project requirements. Applications older than six months will be automatically eliminated. If you do not receive an interview call during this time, reapplication is required for further consideration.
- Candidates appearing/appeared for the qualifying examination are not eligible to apply.
- CCMB reserves the right to reject interview of those candidates who cannot produce evidence confirming that the candidate is in the final year/semester of the qualifying degree.
- Candidates applying for second position (i.e., Project Associate II) are automatically eligible for the first position (i.e., Project Associate I) and do not need to apply separately for the first position.
- The positions of Project Staff are purely Temporary and on a contract basis under the externally funded/sponsored/Network/other project undertaken by CSIR-CCMB and is co-terminus with the project's tenure.
- Empanelment does not provide an automatic guarantee of engagement. Recruitment into a specific project will be solely based on the requirement of the project and any specific inquiry will not be entertained.
- Candidates who have completed their degree with requisite educational qualifications only need to apply.
- The engagement under project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee, for regular appointment in CSIR /CCMB, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
- All the communication regarding the call for the interview will be only through email.
- The terms and conditions of engagement of Project Staff may be amended from time to time.
- Offer engagement could be given for short duration, i.e. 3 months/ 6 months/1 year, which may be extended further on the recommendations of the PI based on the requirement, up to the tenure of the Project.
- The performance of Project Staff would be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark, could be replaced.
- The difficulty of questions asked in the interview is at the qualifying examination level. While the questions will be primarily from a broad Biology discipline, there will be sufficient focus on other areas such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Statistics, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, and Aptitude.
- Candidates short-listed for interview will need to arrange online interview setup and make necessary arrangements on their own. No request pertaining to financial/technical support for any such issue will be entertained.
- Interviews will be approximately 20-30 min and the candidate is expected to be available online during the day till the interview is over.
- Canvassing in any form will immediately render disqualification of the candidature.
Your application has been successfully submitted.