JRF under SERB DST Project
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Advertisement for the post of JRF under SERB DST Project
Applications are invited for the following position under Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) DST sponsored Research Project entitled “Diversity and Molecular Phylogeny of Myxozoan Parasites Infecting Freshwater Fishes in Punjab and their Biological effects” for 3 years under the supervision of Dr. Harpreet Kaur, Principal Investigator, DST-SERB Project, Department of Zoology, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The position is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project at any point of time.
Position- Junior Research Fellow/Project Associate I: One
Eligibility-Age of candidate should not be more than 28 years.
M.Sc. degree in Zoology with minimum 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC). Desirable:
1. M.Sc. with specialization in Parasitology in General and Taxonomy of Parasites in particular.
2. Knowledge and experience of molecular biology techniques is mandatory. Fellowship:
1.Candidates who have cleared CSIR JRF/NET/GATE/ICMR/any other national level examinations conducted by central government departments and agencies and institutions will receive Rs. 31,000/- per month +HRA for M.Sc. with NET qualified for 1st & 2nd Year Rs. 35,000/- per month + HRA for 3rd Year
2. Non -NET/GATE candidates will receive fellowship of Rs 25, 000/- per month + HRA for 3 years.
It is further added that in case the Project Associate -I clear any national level test NET/ LS/ GATE will be eligible for the full payment as Junior Research Fellow of Rs 31,000/- per month +HRA for two years and Rs 35,000 per month +HRA for third year.
Interested persons who fulfil the above conditions may send their applications to the undersigned on a plain paper giving details of all educational qualifications, experience, publications and scanned copies of certificates of qualifications by post and by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27.04.2021. Hard copies may be send to the undersigned.
1. Candidates should necessarily mention their e.mail address and cell phone number in their CV, so that we can inform them about the date and time of interview.
2. Eligible candidates will be required to appear for an interview.
3. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
4. The tenure of the above said post is co-terminus with that of the project.
5. Eligibility for the said post will be determined following the submission of all the requisite documents by the stipulate date and after checking the original documents at the time of interview.
DST SERB Project
Your application has been successfully submitted.