‘Junior Research Fellow’ (JRF) position for the project
Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from highly motivated and dynamic Indian nationals for ‘Junior Research Fellow’ (JRF) position for the project titled "Development of a novel solar driven dedicated outdoor air system (DOAS) for space heating and liquid desiccant dehumidification with direct/indirect contact heat/mass exchangers for Meghalaya region" under SERB, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, (File No.: CRG/2020/004304) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Meghalaya.
Principal Investigator (PI): Dr. Rajat Subhra Das, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Meghalaya.
No. of post available: One (1)
Duration of the project: 3 Years (2021-2023)
Eligibility: MTech/ME (or, BTech) in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Fluid/ Thermal Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent in Master’s degree (or, 75% marks or an equivalent in Bachelor’s degree). Relaxation for SC/ST & PH as per GOI norms. The candidate should be GATE qualified.
Desirable Qualification & Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with working experience relevant to the project. Candidate should have indepth knowledge of heat/mass transfer, fluid mechanics and air-conditioning.
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on May 6th, 2021 (relaxation as per the norms/ orders of Government of India).
Duration of appointment: Initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable upto 3 years solely based on the performance.
Consolidated monthly compensation/Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- per month for first 02 years and Rs. 35,000/- per month for the third year.
- Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply in the prescribed application form, appending the self-attested scanned copies of the certificates. All the documents should be merged in a single PDF file and send to email@example.com on or before 06.05.2021. The applications received after the mentioned date will not be considered further
- The subject of the email should contain “Application for the post of JRF in project (CRG/2020/004304)”.
- The body of the email should highlight the eligibility of the candidate for the JRF position with a ‘Statement of Purpose’.
- The short-listed candidates for interview will be intimated only through emails. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview. Considering the situation, there is possibility that the interview may be conducted in online mode.
- Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview. Candidates will be shortlisted based on merit and need of the project. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communication in this regard will be entertained. The authority reserves the right of accepting/rejecting any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- The position is purely temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three (03) years. Candidate selected for this position will be converted to regular Ph.D. in NIT Meghalaya.
- Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark-sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview (may not be applicable for virtual mode based interview).
- For any types of query the candidates may communicate directly to the PI via email.
Your application has been successfully submitted.