Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- Name of the Temporary positions: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) leads to PhD
- Number of positions: 01 (One)
- Name of the Research Project:"Masking of interfering sounds in a crowded environment for hearing aid applications "
- Name of the Sponsoring Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), GOI, Reference No.EEQ/2018/001338
- Duration of the Project: 15 months. The initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable up-to completion of the project or end of the project duration, whichever is earlier. The extension of engagement will be solely based on the performance of the candidate. During this extension, the candidate may be allowed to register for PhD under this work based on the eligibility as per the institute norms.
- Job Description: This work involves development of algorithm for increasing of speech intelligibility for hearing-impaired listeners in the presence of competing sounds. Identification of various features those distinguish interfering sounds from the target speech. Development of deep neural network (DNN) based algorithm to address this problem. A deep neural network is trained to estimate the mask for a target talker in the presence of competing sounds based on auditory processing model.
- Salary: Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/-per month with GATE qualification (Rs. 25,000/- per month without GATE qualification).
- Accommodation: Bachelor accommodation in the Institution hostels
- Essential Qualifications and experience: B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech in Electronics and Communication or equivalent degree to perform requisite simulation and experimental work.
- Desirable Qualifications/ Experiences: The candidate with sound knowledge in Signal Processing, Probability Theory and Linear Algebra is preferred. ProgramingskillsinC++/MATLAB/PYTHON will be given added preference.
Terms and Conditions:
- Candidate must email the scanned copies of self attested documents to the following email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23-11-2020 by 5 PM.
- The selected candidate should join within a week from the date of intimation of selection and all original documents should also be submitted for verification.
- For any clarifications
Your application has been successfully submitted.