Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Junior Research Fellow
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (Dept. of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata)
A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Neelanjana Sengupta, Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Biological Science, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves the use of thermodynamics, statistical mechanics and advanced computer simulation methodologies to study biomolecular systems under extreme thermodynamic conditions.
1. Title of project: Response of diverse protein states to thermodynamic extremes: Computational investigations of the pressure-temperature stability
2. Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
3. Principle investigator: Dr. Neelanjana Sengupta, Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Biological Sciences
4. Remuneration: A maximum amount of Rs. 31,000 per month + HRA
5. Tenure: 12 months, with possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance
6. Basic Eligibility Criteria:
M.Sc or equivalent degree, in either Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, or Biophysics, with minimum 65% marks, or minimum CGPA of 8.0.
Qualification in at least one of these exams: CSIR-UGC NET (incl. LS); GATE; national-level exams conducted by DST/DBT/DAE/DOS/DRDO/MHRD/ICAR/ICMR/IIT/IISc/IISER.
7. Additional experience (highly desirable): Sound understanding of thermodynamics and statistical mechanics as applied to soft matter systems; Experience with computer programming.
8. Age limit: Not more than 28 years as on 31st March, 2021.
9. How to apply: Eligible candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), self-attested copies of marksheets and certificates from Std. XII onwards, and a brief covering letter explaining their motivation and academic plan for the next 5 years, via email ONLY to
Subject Line (other subject line may not be considered): Application for JRF (SERB) position
All information should be compiled, zipped and attached to application email
The full contact information (address, mobile number, landline number if any) should be provided with the CV.
10. Last date for receiving applications: February 28th, 2021
11. Interview: Short-listed applicants will be invited (via email) for an online oral interview
12. Conditions: The candidate has to make logistics provision for the online interviews. The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Your application has been successfully submitted.