JRF in Quantum Information at IIT Ropar
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
Junior Research Fellow
Ropar, Punjab, India
- Title of position: JRF in Quantum Information at IIT Ropar
- Description text:
Applications are invited from Indian nationals to work as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a research project funded by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
Title of the Research Project: Thermodynamics of spin-chain: A quantum mechanical approach
Brief description of the project: The main objective of the project is to study how a large spin chain (with Ising interaction) can be used to build a heat engine in quantum mechanical level. This would help us understand the heat-management mechanism in on-chip spin-based architecture, relevant to quantum computers. This project is theoretical in nature and will involve numerical programming.
Duration: 3 years or till the completion of the project, whichever is earlier.
Qualifications: M.Sc. in Physics with at least 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale or 60% marks with good academic credentials. The candidate should have qualified NET (CSIR/UGC) or valid GATE score. Outstanding candidates without NET(CSIR/UGC)/GATE qualification may also be considered as per DST rules on a reduced fellowship. The knowledge of numerical programming is highly desirable
Emoluments: As per DST rules. For the candidates with NET (CSIR/UGC) or GATE qualification, Rs 31,000/- per month for first two years and Rs 35,000/- per month in the third year. HRA is admissible.
General Terms and conditions:
1. The position is temporary which will be renewed every year subject to the satisfactory performance. Candidate selected for this position may be considered for the regular PhD program provided he/she qualifies the eligibility criterion for PhD program at IIT Ropar.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated by email to appear in the interview and no other communication in this regard will be entertained.
How to Apply?
Application form can be downloaded from the following link: https://www.iitrpr.ac.in/physics/p/opportunities. Along with the completely filled form, the applicant should send the following to Dr. Asoka Biswas via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th February, 2021.
- A one page cover letter describing background and motivations
- Curriculum Vitae with contact information of at least one referee
- Photo copies of the certificates and mark sheets (high school onwards) including age-proof certificate
- Certificates of NET (CSIR/UGC)/GATE qualification
Please write in the subject line: Application for the post of JRF_(....Your Name....).
- Link of that position information
Your application has been successfully submitted.