Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in Bilateral Program
Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from highly motivated and dynamic eligible candidates for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in the following (Bilateral Program) Indo-Czech funded sponsored research project.
Title: Development of E-mode III-Nitride devices for Energy Optimized Agile Power Electronics.
Name of the Principal Investigator (PI): Dr. Shubhankar Majumdar, Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE).
Name of the International Principal Investigator (PI): Dr. Ing. Alice Hospodková, Professor Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences
Name of the Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI): Dr-Ing. Nidhi Chaturvedi, CEERI-PILLANI
Name of the Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI): Prof. Sudeb Dasgupta, IIT Roorkee
No. of post available: One (1)
Duration of the project: 3 Years (2021-2023)
Eligibility: M.Tech./M.E in Electronics & Comm. Engineering with specialization in Microelectronics, device simulation and semiconductor physics, and VLSI.
Desirable Qualification & Experience: Candidates must have worked in TCAD simulator (Cogenda TCAD tool)
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on Feb 14th, 2021 (relaxation as per the norms/ orders of Government of India).
Duration of appointment: Temporary appointment is for till the project duration ends.
Consolidated monthly compensation/Fellowship: For first and second year - Rs. 31,000 (thirty one thousand only) + HRA @ 16% per month. In total Rs. 36960 (thirty six thousand nine hundred sixty only). (HRA will be given only if accommodation in the Institute Hostel is not available)
For third year - Rs. 35,000 (thirty five thousand only) + HRA @ 16% per month. In total Rs. 40600 (fourty thousand six hundred only). (HRA will be given only if accommodation in the Institute Hostel is not available)
Additional Opportunity: The selected candidate can go to Czech, Prague (travel and accommodation will be funded from the project) for the academia exposure. https://www.fzu.cz/en/research/projects/development-e-mode-iii-nitride-devices-energy-optimized-agile-power-electronics
Opportunity to work in collaboration with CEERI-Pillani and IIT Roorkee
- Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply in the attached format. Last date for application submission is 14.02.2021.
- Soft PDF copy of the duly filled up application form, age proof certificate, 10th , 12th B.Tech, M. Tech certificates/degrees/mark-sheets, scan photo, must be sent ( in a merged format single pdf) to Dr. Shubhankar Majumdar by e-mail to email@example.com. The subject of the email should me “Application for JRF Position (Indo-Czech Project) in the Department of ECE”.
- Shortlisted candidate will be intimated for the video conference based interview via google meet or zoom.
- Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee invitation to the interview. Candidates will be shortlisted based on merit and need of the project. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communication in this regard will be entertained. The authority reserves the right of accepting/rejecting any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- The short-listed candidates for interview will be intimated only through emails. No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the interview and/or joining the position.
Dr. Shubhankar Majumdar, Principal Investigator (PI)
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
NIT Meghalaya, Shillong- 793003
Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah
Your application has been successfully submitted.