Project Assistant in the projec
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Advertisement for Project Assistant in the project ‘Monitoring freshwater fish population in selected Indian landscape with reference to changing climatic variables’ at IISER Kolkata
A position for a Project Assistant is available in the research group of Dr. Anuradha Bhat, Associate Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves the study of freshwater fish communities in Central Indian stream systems to understand the patterns of species distributions and their ecological drivers.
- Title of project: Monitoring freshwater fish population in selected Indian landscape with reference to changing climatic variables
- Funding agency: MoEFCC
- Principle Investigator: Dr. Anuradha Bhat, Dept. of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata
- Remuneration: Maximum up to INR 25,000 per month.
- Tenure: Initially for a period of 12 months extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and availability of funds.
- Basic Eligibility Criteria: M.Sc. in Biology, Zoology, Environmental Sciences/ Ecology with minimum 60% marks or minimum CGPA of 7.5; Selected in CSIR-NET including lectureship and GATE or selected through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Depts/Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
- Desirable additional experience and qualifications: Experience in conducting ecological studies, including field studies in aquatic systems is preferred.
- Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on Jan 31, 2021 which is relaxable for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India.
- How to Apply: A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to email@example.com latest by 31st January, 2021.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be asked to appear in an online interview. The details of the online interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates by email. The interview will be held between Feb. 5-Feb. 10, 2021.
i) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
ii) The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
iii) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
vi) The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Dr. Anuradha Bhat
Associate Professor, Dept. of Biological Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur,
West Bengal, Pin – 741236.
Your application has been successfully submitted.