Laboratory Manager TBI position (Technology Business Incubator)
Applications are invited for the position of Laboratory Manager TBI (Technology Business Incubator), IISER Mohali
Written by Dean R & D
Category: Project Positions
Published: 06 July 2021
Position- Laboratory Manager
Department- i-RISE (TBI-IISER Mohali)
No. of Posts: One
Roles and Responsibilities
- Equipment management at the TBI facility including commissioning, installation and initial validation.
- Coordinate with authorized service providers / manufacturers and sections for preventive maintenance and breakdown maintenance. Authorized to dispose complaints and service calls related to equipment.
- Manage the daily operations of the equipment /laboratory by the incubates /students. Including inventory management, equipment usage schedule, safety protocols implementation etc.
- Facilitate and train the incubates/students regarding the usage of the equipment
- Analyze and recommend the equipment to be installed as per the requirements of the incubates and TBI in general. Manage the purchase of the spares and consumables as per the requirement.
- Maintain Assets/equipment list at the TBI facility. To coordinate with the maintenance team to decommission equipment beyond repair for scrap.
- Coordinate with different departments of IISER Mohali regarding the equipment/lab requirement of the incubates and connect the incubate with the respective department as per the project requirement.
- Draft the safety rules to be followed in the laboratory and ensure its implementation
- Maintain Lab reports and equipment usage track record
- Networking with the other research institutes and collaboration with them for technical support to the incubates
- Assist the CEO of TBI IISER Mohali in regular operations of the TBI including administration work, organizing meeting, networking, reporting etc.
Essential- Post graduation in science stream (M. Sc in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Food Technology or similar) OR Graduation/post-graduation in engineering (B. Tech/B. E./M. Tech./M. E in Chemical engineering, Biotechnology, Food Technology or similar)
Minimum 2 years of work experience as technical assistant/manager/executive/officer in research laboratories, quality control, R&D at any government or private institute/industry
Desirable skills: Work experience in science incubator laboratories. Experience of operations of equipment like HPLC, UV spectrophotometer, Centrifuge, etc.
Age Limit: Below 40 years
Compensation: Rs 45,000 per month (consolidated)
Last date of receiving the applications: 21 July 2021
Interested candidates shall send the application (Cover letter and recent CV) directly to email@example.com.
Only those candidates who meet the required qualifications and skills will be called for a personal (online/offline) interview at later stage. The appointment will be purely based on the performance in the interview. Initially, the appointment will be made for one year and will be extended to the next two years based on the performance assessment of the candidate every year.
Your application has been successfully submitted.