Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position at IISER Kolkata
Junior Research Fellow
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Title of the project: “Molecular Recognition and Stimuli-responsive Nano-structured Material for Organelle Specific Imaging and Drug Release”
- Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science & Technology, Government of India
- Principle Investigator: Prof. Amitava Das, Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
- Essential Qualification: M.Sc/MS Degree (Specialization in Organic/ Inorganic Chemistry is preferred) along with consistently good academic record in previous examinations.
- Age limit: Must not be over 25 years as on 4th January, 2021 which can be relaxed for certain reserved categories as per the prevailing rules of the Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
- Remuneration: Rs. 31,000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand only) per month +HRA (if applicable).
- Tenure: Initially for a period of 1 (one) year, extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the fellow.
- How to Send Applications: Interested Candiadtes may send an application along with detailed CV, self attested copies of testimonials, any other relevant documents, etc. through email (email@example.com) to Prof. Amitava Das on or before 12 noon of 1st January, 2021. Please write “Application for the Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position” in the subject line of your e.mail.
- Interview: Candidates are requested to appear in the online interview through Google Meet on 4th January, 2021 at 11:00 A.M. organised by Prof. Amitava Das, Department of Chemical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin–741 246. The meeting link will be sent in due course.
- Terms and Conditions:
- No TA / DA since interview will be on online due to COVID pandemic.
- The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions to the said project of the funding agency.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
- If the number of candidates appearing for the online interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Prof. Amitava Das
Department of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, Mohanpur,
West Bengal, Pin – 741 246, Phone: 033 6136 0000 (ext: 1355)
Your application has been successfully submitted.