Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in the project
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Junior Research Fellow
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in the project " Generation and Labelling of LiDAR Point Cloud for Automatic Classification through CNN Approach ". The qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned post are:
Designation: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- Taking a lead role in the development of LiDAR-based simulation software.
- Development of Machine Learning (ML), more specifically Deep Learning (DL) algorithms.
- Development of Geoweb services.
Number of positions: Two
Essential Qualification: Post graduate degree in basic science (Geoinformatics/Remote Sensing/ Photogrammetry / GIS /Mathematics / Physics or graduate (Computer Science/ Information Technology) / Post graduate degree in professional courses (Geoinformatics/Remote Sensing/ Photogrammetry / GIS) selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
- The selection process through National level examination conducted by central government departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- Proficiency in Python programming language. Knowledge of languages, i.e., C++, Java is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Web-GIS, spatial database management, online data processing, and Web Services.
Salary: Rs. 31,000/- PM (Consolidate)
Duration of Appointment: 03 Months or End of project (whichever is early) (This post is temporary and contractual basic) (duration likely to extend)
The selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interview. Short listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of interview. Interested candidates may apply on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificates by December 25th, 2020. It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application. Application (soft copy) must be sent at following email address: email@example.com by December 28th, 2020 at 5 PM
Professor Bharat Lohani
Department of Civil Engineering,
IIT Kanpur, 208016 (U.P), India
Your application has been successfully submitted.