Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in Har-Govind Khorana IYBA Project
Junior Research Fellow
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Online interview on December 18, 2020 for the position of a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in Har-Govind Khorana IYBA Project under DBT, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (1 position) under Har-Govind Khorana IYBA Project entitled ‘A Structural Topology-based Electrostatic Model (STEM) of RNA to investigate functional conformational changes of bacterial and viral RNA’. The position is funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. The JRF position will be awarded for a period of one year (extendable strictly based on the research progress and performance).
1. Position: JRF (1 position)
2. Research Area: Theoretical and Computational Biophysical Chemistry (Focus: RNA Biophysics)
3. Funding source: DBT, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
4. Principle Investigator: Dr. Susmita Roy, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata
5. Remuneration: JRF (Rs. 31000/- plus 24% HRA)
6. Tenure: 1 year (extendable strictly based on the research progress and performance)
7. Basic Eligibility Criteria: (i) First class (or CGPA OF 7.0 and above at a scale of 10) in MSc in Chemistry (Physical), or MSc in Physics or Biophysics or M.Tech in Biotechnology (Other subject areas will not be entertained) (ii) Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) or GATE examination. (iii) Candidates should be below 28 years of age at the time of application.
8. Desirable qualification: Candidate is expected to have strong interest in doing computational biophysics/biophysical chemistry research with good understanding of physical chemistry/chemical physics concepts and very good programming skill.
9. How to Apply: A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 17th December, 2020 (last date of application).
*Only shortlisted candidates will be requested to send the following documents before their online interview:
(a) Two sealed recommendation letters from a teacher and/or academic mentor; (b) Self-attested copies of degree certificates with originals. (c) Any other relevant documents.
Date/Time: 18th December, 2020, 3:00 PM
Mode of Interview: Online (For security reasons, a Google-Meet link will be shared to the short-listed candidates just 5-10 mins before the interview. Interview will be recorded. The application itself will be considered as the consent of the applicant.
**Conditions: The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure, if their performance is deemed unsatisfactory. The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience and age may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
Your application has been successfully submitted.